lock Login  |   Register Now Refer Your Friends |   Book an Appointment
parttime bg toll free


Can I include my family on my Australian student visa?

Yes, you will be able to include your dependent family members on your visa. Their visas will be approved for the same duration as your visa.

Will I be allowed to work while I am on my student visa?

Yes, you can work for up to 20 hours a week.

If I book a part-time course will I be allowed to work full time?

Your course needs to be a full time one so that you can apply for the student visa. If your intention is to work full time and study part time you may consider applying for a Sponsorship Visa.

What kind of course can I book?

You can book any course, as long as it’s registered with the Australian Government to organize courses for overseas students.

I am in Australia; can I apply for a student visa while I am in the country?

Yes, you can apply form Australia, as long as your current visa does not have a “no further stay” condition.

Can I travel overseas while I am in Australia on a student visa?

Yes. The Australian Student Visa is a multiple-entry visa which means you can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you like during its validity.

How long will my visa take to process?

Most student visas take approximately 2-3 weeks to process, however the timeframes vary depending on Immigration.

Do I need to have Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC)?

International students and their dependants are required (as a condition of their student visa) to maintain adequate health insurance arrangements, approved by the Australian Department of Health and Ageing, for the duration of their program. Students are responsible for maintaining a valid OSHC cover at all times.

Can I change to another education provider within the first six calendar months of my program?

International students on student visas are to remain with the education provider with whom they originally enrolled for the first six calendar months of their course, or if the course is less than six months, for the duration of the course. If a student is undertaking a pre-requisite course, they are to remain with the provider of the pre-requisite course for the length of that course, and then with the education provider providing the principal course of study for the first six calendar months.

If a student intends to change education provider before completing six calendar months of their principal course as described above, they must seek approval from their current education provider by obtaining a Letter of Release. For students who have not commenced their principal course of study at Curtin, this will be from the International Office and students who have commenced their principal course should contact Student Central.

If after arrival in Australia a student wishes to study a new principal course, in a different education sector to their current principal course, they must apply for a new student visa using Form 157A.

For accurate visa application charges, please check the Fees and Charges section on the DIBP website.

Can I renew my student visa in Australia?

While students are currently enrolled in full-time study, they may renew their student visa in Australia as long as their current student visa is not subject to Condition 8534 'no further stay'. It is recommended that steps are taken to renew a student visa approximately one month before the existing student visa expires.

Please refer to the student visa renewal website for further information on obtaining a new electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).

What supporting documents do I need to submit to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when renewing my student visa?

The supporting documents required vary according to visa subclass and country assessment level. Please refer to Visa Information and Document checklists on the DIBP website.

Students are required to bring supportive documentation to their appointment with DIBP. If a student is unable to submit the required documentation at the appointment, on approval from DIBP, they may be permitted a short duration to produce this documentation for it to be considered for the student visa application.

Can I apply for Australian citizenship after completing my studies?

You may want to extend your stay in Australia for further study, graduation, a holiday, work or migration. You should be able to obtain a new visa to enable you to stay on and even work towards permanent residence and citizenship if you are eligible, provided you do not have a 'No Further Stay' condition on your current student visa. Please visit the DIBP website to obtain more information on the types of visas available and the application procedure.

What is streamlined visa processing (SVP)?

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (the department) will assess student visa applicants who lodge their applications on or after 24 March 2012, with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from a participating university in Australia at Bachelor, Masters or Doctoral degree level as though they were a lower migration risk (similar to the current Assessment Level 1), regardless of their country of origin.

For further details please visit www.immi.gov.au


  • listening


    Listening: Read all the questions carefully and in case of multiple choice questions, it is god idea to give a look to ... [ Read More ]

  • listening


    Always read questions first before the passage and use grammatical hints to guarantee a correct answer, such as preposit... [ Read More ]

  • listening


    In order to make effective introduction use general lines on the main topic(subject of sentence)+ reframe the topic gi... [ Read More ]

  • listening


    It is necessary to listen to the answer carefully and answer it appropriately. For example: If examiner asks you, Tel... [ Read More ]

Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

1 Where do you live ?

2 Where do you want to go ?

  • Many thanks to Scholars Destiny's team for their dedication and hard work to make my dream come alive.


    From: Ireland
  • You are really very professional yet friendly bunch of angels that has the answers for all and any queries that people may have.


    From: Europe
  • testimonials

    The support and personal touch extended by your team is simply awe-inspiring, you didn't dismay us and delivered us our dream.


    From: Ireland
  • testimonials

    Scholar Destiny is truly a wizard whose word is a promise which does reflects in their knowledge.


    From: Australia
  • testimonials

    Knowledgeable team with a strong and enduring presence in field of immigration services.


    From: United Kingdom
  • testimonials

    We would whole heartedly recommend Scholar Destiny as a legitimate partner for your aspirations. They completed all the formalities for me within 3 months. You are surely genius.


    From: Canada
  • testimonials

    Thank you for your prompt and accurate information I could obtain from you guys within minutes when other consultant took numerous days to answer. Now I know where I stand and what I need to do. I will definitely be obedient to you.


    From: USA
  • testimonials

    Amazingly flabbergasted to see this wonderful email in my inbox, we got our Visa to Australia. Simply unbelievable as you have successfully transformed our dream into sheer reality. Thank You for being so efficient.


    From: Canada
  • testimonials

    Since a year I had been trying to go to Canada for higher studies but all the consultants I had approached did not bear fruitful results. With not much hopes, I enquired from you guys as well. I didn’t know that your team is so dedicated to their work; I was given correct instructions which revoked my enthusiasm and boosted me positively. I am high... [ Read More ]


    From: Canada
ask an xpert schedule an appointment councselling telephone councselling telephone

© 2013 Scholars Destiny, All rights reserved  |  Privacy Policy  |  T&C  |  Disclaimers  |  Sitemap
We are connected with: facebooktwittergtalkyahooskype